800:20-1-2. List of restricted exotic species (a) Until such time as is necessary for the Department of Wildlife Conservation to obtain adequate information for the determination of other harmful or potentially harmful exotic species, the importation into the State and/or the possession of the following exotic fish or their eggs is prohibited:
(1) Walking Catfish: The Walking Catfish, (Clarius batrachus) and other members of the exotic catfish family Claridae, including but not limited to species of the genera Clarias, Heteropneustes, Gymnallables, Channallabes, and Heterobranchus are prohibited. Any live specimens of Walking Catfish or other Claridae species within the boundaries of the State of Oklahoma are contraband and subject to seizure by the Department of Wildlife Conservation.
(2) Grass carp: Release of grass carp (diploid and/or triploid), also known as white amur or Chinese carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) or their hybrids into public waters is prohibited in accordance with 29 O.S., Section 6-504. Only certified triploid grass carp may be imported, possessed, or introduced for the purpose of stocking private waters. Possession and transportation of diploid grass carp is permitted for the control of vegetation on licensed aquaculture facilities, the export to states allowing use of diploid grass carp and for production for sale to the human food market.
(3) Boney-tongue group: Osteoglossum spp., and Arapaima spp.
(4) Piranha group: Serrasalmus spp., Pygocentrus spp., Rooseveltiella spp., Catoprion spp., Hydrocynus spp., and Salminus spp.
(5) Electric Eel (Electrophorus electricus).
(6) Electric catfish (Malapterus electricus).
(7) Gar-pike topminnow (Belonesox belizanus).
(8) Snakehead groups: Opicephalus spp., and Channa spp.
(9) Pavon or Peacock Bass (Chichla temensis and Chichia ocellaris).
(10) Parasitic South American Catfish group (Candiru), genera & species of the Trichomycteridae family. Vandellia spp., Tridens spp., and Pyqidium spp.
(11) Freshwater Stingray group: Paratrygon spp., Potomotrygon spp., and Disceus spp.
(12) Houri (from South America): Macrodon spp., and Hoplias spp.
(13) Rudd and rudd hybrids (Scardinius spp.).
(14) Bighead carp (Hypophthalmichthys molitrix). This shall not interfere with the possession of dead bighead carp when reporting the fish to ODWC personnel.
(15) Silver carp (Aristichthys nobilis). This shall not interfere with the possession of dead silver carp when reporting the fish to ODWC personnel.
(16) Black carp (Mylopharyngodon piceus).
(17) Alewives (Aloso pseudoharengus).
(18) Rainbow smelt (Osmerus mordax).
(19) Blueback herring (Alosa aestivalis).
(1) The sale and use of all Tilapia species as bait is prohibited.
(2) The stocking of all Tilapia species in any heated-water reservoir including Sooner, Konawa and Boomer Reservoirs is prohibited.
(3) This shall not interfere with the sale of dead and/or processed Tilapia for human food or the sale or transport of Tilapia species for the purpose of aquatic vegetation control in privately owned ponds.
(1) Australian Red Claw (Cherax quadricarinartus)
(2) Rusty (Orconectes rusticus)
[Source: Amended at 8 Ok Reg 2005, eff 5-13-91; Amended at 25 Ok Reg 2117, eff 7-1-08; Amended at 26 Ok Reg 2636, eff 1-1-10; Amended at 27 Ok Reg 539, eff 1-2-10 (emergency); Amended at 27 Ok Reg 2059, eff 7-1-10; Amended at 30 Ok Reg 734, eff 6-1-13]