580:16-7-46. State travel The State Travel Office is within the Central Purchasing Division and awards contracts for travel and travel services. State agencies shall make travel arrangements through contract travel agencies for commercial air travel for state employees in the course of official duties or for persons traveling at state expense.
(1) State agency travel coordinator. The State Purchasing Director encourages state agencies to appoint one or more travel coordinators. The coordinators shall book air travel for the state agency except in case of an emergency. If the state agency appoints a travel coordinator, the state agency shall notify the Travel Office and provide the coordinator's name, mailing address, telephone number, and facsimile number.
(2) State travel zones. The Travel Office shall divide the state into geographic zones. The zone served by the travel agency shall be indicated in the statewide contract.
(3) Airline ticket purchases. State agencies shall purchase airline tickets from contract travel agencies within the zone of the state agency location.
(4) Airline ticket purchases exceptions. The state agency shall determine when an exception to airline ticket purchase shall apply. The state agency shall retain documents the state agency uses in exception determination as required by internal purchasing procedures established pursuant to 580:16-5-7.
(A) If the state agency can acquire air travel at less cost than the contract travel agency, the state agency may use this exception.
(B) If air travel originates outside the state and it is impractical for the state agency, the state agency may use this exception.
(C) If air travel is due to an emergency and time does not permit use of the contract travel agency, the state agency may use this exception.
(D) If air travel is part of a package arrangement by an organization that schedules a meeting or conference, the state agency may use this exception.
(5) State agency credit card for airline travel. A state agency that acquires a state travel credit card to book and pay for official airline travel shall complete mandatory training as required by the Department of Central Services and comply with all State Purchase Card procedures issued by DCS.
[Source: Added at 28 Ok Reg 1783, eff 7-1-11]